Business for Societal Impact (B4SI) is the globally recognised methodology used by hundreds of the world’s leading companies to articulate and measure the positive impact they have in society through community investment, business innovation and social procurement.
Previously known as LBG, B4SI’s transformation in 2021 to provide a holistic management model is based on the pillars of Plan, Implement, Measure, Report & engage enabling businesses to authentically become a business for societal impact through use of our frameworks, management tools and expert support. Corporate Citizenship, now part of SLR Consulting, proudly founded and manage the B4SI network.
Never has the S in ESG been as important to businesses and the people they impact, and through extensive interest in the use of the B4SI Frameworks the core team are expanding across all regions to meet demand.
The B4SI Team now seek an experienced social impact professional to build the profile and take-up of B4SI across APAC with a particular focus on Asia and to support companies in their social impact journey.
The post will be part of the global B4SI team which was expanded in January 2022. Within the B4SI global team there is the B4SI (APAC) Director (based in Melbourne) to which the postholder will report. Alongside them there is the B4SI (APAC) Lead (based in Sydney) and B4SI (APAC) Network Coordinator (based in Melbourne). In turn, the B4SI APAC team are part of a larger global team primarily based in the UK.
All focused on supporting and growing B4SI clients, their uptake of B4SI related services and social impact consulting. To date, there has been limited focus on growing B4SI in Asia specifically but already 8 companies are part of B4SI and the role will focus on building strong relationships with them and growing interest from others and exploring new markets in Asia.
It is a demanding role requiring a client-focused approach to customer service combined with an ability to balance the requirements of the B4SI methodology whilst maintaining its reputation and rigorous application. The post holder will work as a key part of the small team that will deliver B4SI and the social and community impact consulting services ensuring alignment with B4SI.
With the broader team, they will manage all aspects of business development, support, training, B4SI data collection, communications and events to complete the yearly benchmarking exercise. The post will provide first-line support and training for B4SI companies in Asia and work as part of the global B4SI team to support the development and rollout of a new global tech platform. Strong presentation skills are also required in this role as workshops and other presentations are delivered to clients by the post-holder.
This is a new role in the team and will be vital in delivering the core B4SI service offered to companies within B4SI. With a specific focus on Asia, to ensure relevance to Asian companies and grow the network in Asia the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Building close working relationships with clients; provision of expert support in the application of the B4SI Frameworks, and supporting material, ensuring maximum client satisfaction and retention. In turn supporting clients to reach their social impact objectives using B4SI’s social impact framework, supporting tools and other resources.
- Providing social and community impact advisory support.
- Proactively growing the number of companies in the B4SI Network and using the B4SI Framework, on-boarding new clients and supporting clients in identifying opportunities to continually improve.
- Maintaining accurate records of clientele information within our CRM systems and administration as might be required by B4SI clients.
- Maintaining regular contact with clients, informing clients on upcoming events and other developments relevant; project manage and participate and lead on specialist elements in the development and innovation of client offer and services.
- Delivery of Thought Leadership through participation in events, blogs & papers on the subject matter relevant to the B4SI network of companies.
- Direct experience in a client-facing role, supporting clients in overcoming difficulties and identifying opportunities for improvement This should include a demonstrable track record of social impact knowledge either with internal or external clients.
- Strong understanding of the ESG agenda/Corporate Responsibility/Sustainability with a focus on Social Impact and what it means for business
- A strong bias for action – capable of working independently towards staged goals with minimal oversight
- Proven ability to track, analyse and report on account satisfaction, retention and growth
- Client-focused approach always seeking to respond efficiently and effectively to the needs of clients
- A strong entrepreneurial drive – to seek out business development opportunities and support the growth of the B4SI network, encourage use of its tools and networks alongside social and community impact advisory work
- Strong background in Social Impact and other sustainability consulting services
- An effective time manager, team player and relationship builder, capable of managing large groups of clients effectively as first point of contact for social impact/sustainability advice. You need to be personable, focused, and professional and have a strong eye for attention to detail to succeed in this position.
- A strong communicator, capable of excellent written and oral presentations at all levels to director/executive; and able to listen to and understand client needs and identify appropriate strategic support; ensuring phenomenal client service the post-holder would manage B4SI communications and events.
- Any additional Asian language skills would be an advantage